Nader's Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Microsoft Apology

I was not able to use Microsoft Messenger (MSN) two days ago.
I appeared online and I could see everone online, but I kept receiving "Message cannot be delivered" when I tried to contact anyone.
I enjoyed using my nickname for messaging. I just kept changing my nickname and I managed to talk to some friends who replied in the same way.
It enjoyed this way messaging, for a while ofcourse.
Anyway, ,I tried everything of checking versions,firewalls, ports,etc... but nothing worked.
So, I was hit by this idea. "WHY DON'T I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO TELL THEM ABOUT THE BUG ?"
So I wrote an email to the address in the MSN contact us page and guess what ???
Two hours later I received the following reply :

"Hello Nad,

Thank you for writing to MSN Messenger, my name is Jocelyn.

I know how inconvenient being unable to send an instant message to your contacts can be. Please accept my apologies.

The .Net Messenger Service is experiencing temporary technical difficulties. During this period you may experience
problems logging into the .Net Messenger Service, problems sending IM messages to other .Net Messenger users or other problems.

We’re working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Should you have another inquiry about MSN Messenger, please don't hesitate to write back.

For additional online help, please go to:
http://messenger.msn.com/Help/


Sincerely,

Jocelyn
MSN Messenger Support "


I was really touched with the apology (Powerfull CRM they have out there).
I do not know if this is typical action but anyway I was happy for a minute or two (MSN was still not working) and BTW it was a virus that crashed the servers http://www.astalavista.com/?section=news&cmd=details&newsid=845

P.S When I thought of asking a friend about this problem; I found out that all my friends are either anti-microsoft or open source people who use other IM but not MSN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment