Nader's Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Queen Alia Airport needs an Antivirus crack

Well, a friend of mine, Saif, was at the Queen Alia Airport to pick up his cousin couple of days ago. While he was checking the airways schedule board, the following window appeared from nowhere and covered the part of the screen.

A trial version of Norton Antivirus seems to be installed on the server and the trial period has ended, this window popped-up on the terminals (screens). So he took this picture with his mobile and sent it to me.

Bypassing the fact that Windows is the OS in this case, how the hell can they use a trial version? Have they installed it from a free CD that comes with “Software-for-airports-that-sucks” magazine?

If you know some basics about computers and softwares , you would know that this is an unforgivable action.

At least I now know why RJ flights are always late. They have to keep formatting and reinstalling the trial versions of their flights tracking software. :-)

I wish I were there to see the cursor moving to close that window, or even see the Winamp icon down at the icons tray. Maybe I could’ve been lucky enough to glance a solitaire game residing in the background too. :-)

I just couldn’t stop laughing when I saw it, but now I just don’t know if laughing is the right action.

My advice to the computer department there (if it exists), CRACK THE HELL OUT OF IT PEOPLE or buy the full version.


P.S : Feel free to save or share this picture but please keep the email and the reference to this blog and keep the info. on the image.

Ahmad Humeid must give his August blog entry Queen Alia airport: the need for technology another view now.

Saif, thanx for the pic., Dude.

7 Comments:

LOL...

I remember once catching the cursor struggling to get things back to normal after something went wrong.

But this is just hilarious, lol

By Blogger MMM, at 6:41 PM  

At first, I found this highly amusing. It actually cracked me up. Then it struck me, and I started cussing. the brain giants who are responsible for this. Would somebody deliver the message to some "big shot" about it? 3eib...And Qurrn Alia Int'l Airport relies on Windows? That's probably the only thing that still makes me smile.

By Blogger jameed, RPh, MS, at 9:20 PM  

LOL!
That's too funny.
Cheapos :)

By Blogger Roba, at 11:54 PM  

well, MMM (what is your blog), I just cannot imagine the watching the cursor moving to close the screen.

Windows made me cry, Jameed, and the solitaire game too.

Natasha, I really agree with you about the bathrooms,THE WORST and especially with the guy selling toilet papers wondering around, Now they have to clean both the toilets and the computers.

By Blogger My love story, at 2:11 PM  

Thank you Eman for subzero's blog. I wish they can do something about this issue but I honestly doubt it.

By Blogger My love story, at 1:11 PM  

Hello fellow american

Giuliani is out of control.
All we hear from him is 9/11, but do you remember Rudy before then?
WE sure do.
Check out what our fellow ferrets are saying about him:

http://www.youtube.com/nyferrets

Yours truly,
mike
leader of the ny ferrets
member of ferrets for freedom
http://myspace.com/nyferrets

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

I read this article! I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone! thank you! You can Visit my website
https://icracker.net/https://icracker.net/

norton antivirus crack

sidefx houdini fx crack

mindjet mindmanager crack

3delite mp3 silence cut crack

adobe acrobat pro dc crack

a4scandoc crack

By Blogger iCracker.net, at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment