Nader's Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Falafel Sandwich Height (Falafility Theory)

Is there any relation between the size of the cola can and the length of the falafel sandwich.
I mean is it an algorithmic relation or an exponential one ?
Does the height of the Ka3keh - when standing without the cover paper - gives us a hint of the right bottle size ?
I heard that the number of "7abaat el-falafel" is a major part of the formula ?? Using the "falafelic scale", which has nothing to do with the metric scale, you can determine the exact size!

2 and less falafleh per ka3keh (falafleh/ka3keh) -> No need to purchase cola.
3 falaflat/ka3keh -> a 150 ml is enough
4 falaflat/ka3keh -> a 300 ml is just fine
5,6,7 falaflat/ka3keh -> a 500 ml is a must
>7 falaflat/ka3keh -> 1 liter bottle or family-size

I saw two guys eating a "falafel ka3keh" which has 4 falaflat and drinking a 1 liter "PEPSI" bottle.
They were holding the 1 liter bottle as if holding the normal-one-person-size-300 ml-can.
It just didn't seem to fit.
I wonder if they are using some other scale.
Maybe they measure it by studying the ratio between the falafel and the salata (salad).
Or maybe the type of bread involved. Ka3keh, 3adi, tandoori, 7amam, etc..

A more accurate scale has to take into consideration correct measures of the radius of 7abet el falafel, with or without hot sauce, etc...

Does the number of "7abat el-simsim" on the ka3keh count ??? :D

13 Comments:

:) Nice theory. I drink sooo much when I eat (but almost never any other time). At one of the restaurants where I eat often (Chinese), the waiters got used to having to refill my drink so many times that they now bring me two refills at a time when I go there!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM  

Great theory Nader, ingenious! I know perfectly well what you mean.. I have the same problem with falafel, it just makes you so thirsty!

By Blogger Roba, at 10:33 PM  

Ziad, same here.

Eman, I'd like to meet ur husband soon, he seems to be a remarkable person as far as i can see, with an intersting theory :D
Yalla, visit us at Amman and 3azemkom 3ala falafel.

Roba, i found out that the 1.25 liter cola bottle is equal in price to the 350 ml one.
Now I would prefer to buy the big one :D

By Blogger My love story, at 7:09 PM  

3ala rasi ya dude;) deep thoughts.... falafel-ology

By Blogger Hind Sabanekh, at 12:12 AM  

i am so confused. i dont know if i should eat fallafel now or if i should take them apart and analyze them. but when it comes to coke, i have to hace it, especially with fallafel and mensaf. ummm ummm.

By Blogger Linda, at 3:23 AM  

pepsi is way more awesome, nice theory, very intresting. i never would have thought that eating falafel was so complicated and intense. i might never look at them the same agian

By Blogger Phantom of the Blog, at 6:22 PM  

Hind, Falafel-ology (noun)

Eman, u r the sweet one, I'm in the second place. Ahlan wasahlan anytime :)

Nurhan, It is a very complicated process and needs several posts.

Linda, ANALYZE :D

By Blogger My love story, at 11:59 PM  

Mona: hehe thisis so funny! but i disagree on the 2 or less falafel dont buy a drink :S:S i need smthg to gulp it down! water is fine

i feel like eating falafel now....
http://sentiments.blog-city.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

Mona, water does not contain ACID.
Anyways, I'm happy to see ur comment :D welcome

By Blogger My love story, at 11:34 PM  

Am i imagining that you have not written since 25 of April?

Madas

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 PM  

Madas, If I knew you'd notice, i would've posted everyday :D

By Blogger My love story, at 10:32 PM  

dude you're a scientist at heart. this theory could change the world someday.. keep up the good work :)

By Blogger x, at 3:58 AM  

I know that Omar, I'm now moving towards applying this theory in the FALFEL Industry

By Blogger My love story, at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment